– Scale is another parameter involved in the Wavelet algorithm.
– As for all parameters in the Tab Noise you can tray different values without baking again the simulation, you only have to rebake the noise.
– If you input a zero Blender will set Time=0.0001 as you can see by clicking again on this field (same as for Scale)
– If you want Scale to produce different distribution of the noise, you do have to set Strength >0
– Note: As you can see I didn’t apply any denoiser to this simulation to better appreciate the noise added by this parameter.
– In this example I set Strength=1 so that changing the Scale value leads to some difference in the added noise. It seems that the bigger this value, the more complexity is added.
– “Greater values result in larger vortices (source: docs.blender.org)