– Smoke simulation is a subset of the fluids system, and can be used for simulating collections of airborne solids, liquid particulates and gases, such as those that make up smoke.
– At least a Domain object and one Flow object are required to create a smoke simulation:
– Create a Domain Object that defines the bounds of the simulation volume.
– Define a Flow object or objects which will emit smoke and fire.
– Set Collision objects to make the smoke interact with objects in the scene.
– Assign a Volumetric material to the domain object.
– Save the blend-file.
– Bake the simulation.